Wednesday 6 July 2016

Sandboarding New Zealand

Part of traveling is doing things and experiencing things you don't have back home. As I was on a road trip to the tip of the North Island in New Zealand there was an opportunity to go sand boarding. I really had no idea what I was getting myself into. We wanted to go early to avoid crowds and before the dunes were walked all over. When we got there it was a bit of a walk to get up to the top of the dunes. A nearby vendor told us which ones to go for. 

I was amazed how cool the sand felt on my feet and the cool wind blowing across the dunes. The closer we got to the area where we were going to board down the more nervous I got. My heart was pumping, I was asking what am I doing, and all I could think was I just need to get going. 

I put the board down on the sand, lined up my run, gave myself a little push and I was off, my heart pounding and screaming in joy as the adrenaline was kicking in full force. My hat blows off my head and I knew it meant having to do at least one more run to get it back. I reach the bottom and its all over.....until I run up the sand dune and repeat it again and again as it is;

My Life
My Choice
My Time

Tuna Tom



This way!



Still walking





time for another run







No comments :

Post a Comment